- Windows 7 and newer. Windows 10 users should download the Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
- Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- Linux – ChromeOS (incompatible with some features such as Respondus LockDown Browser)
- Canvas is best viewed at a minimum of 800×600, which is the average size of a notebook computer.
Computer Speed and Processor
- In general, your computer should not be more than 5 years old.
- 2GB of RAM
- 2GHz processor
- Canvas is compatible with all current versions of popular web browsers. Note: keeping your browser current, or no more than one version behind, is highly recommended.
- Minimum of 512 kbps
- Students taking a fully online course should have easy access to reliable Internet service.
- Users should not attempt to use a mobile device to fulfill all course requirements. This is especially true for tests and quizzes requiring the Respondus LockDown Browser or Respondus Monitor, both of which can be problematic on mobile devices.
- Supported Operating Systems: iOS 7 and newer (versions vary by device); Android 4.2 and newer
- You can access Canvas from any browser on your Android/iOS device. However, mobile browsers are not supported, and features may not function as expected compared to viewing Canvas in a fully supported desktop browser. For the best performance, users should download the appropriate Canvas mobile App.